Need qPCR assays to use with intercalating dyes? You can obtain PrimeTime qPCR Primers to detect genes in human, mouse, and rat transcriptomes with intercalating dyes such as SYBR® Green and EvaGreen®. Because our primer only and probe-based assays use the same designs, when you decide to include probes in your assays, you can just request the probes that go along with these same primer sequences.
Apr 10, 2012
Revised/updated Jan 23, 2017
PrimeTime® qPCR Primers are primer sets predesigned to detect genes in human, mouse, and rat transcriptomes. These primer sets are ideal for use with intercalating dyes such as SYBR® Green and EvaGreen®, where no probe is needed, and they eliminate the inconvenience of designing specific assays for intercalating dyes.
Now you can simplify the transition from discovery to screening by using PrimeTime qPCR Primers to analyze large sample numbers in initial discovery before upgrading to probe-based assays (PrimeTime qPCR Assays) for improved specificity and performance as sample numbers decrease.
The benefits of PrimeTime qPCR Primers include:
- Up-to-date sequence design—While primer binding sites are carefully pre-chosen using a sophisticated design engine, primers are only synthesized at the time of order using current sequence information. A BLAST search is also performed to eliminate off-target effects.
- Guaranteed performance, high efficiency—Average qPCR efficiencies are >90% and gel analysis consistently shows single bands for PCR products.
- Compatible with popular master mixes—Comparable efficiencies are achieved when the primers are used with various commercial master mixes under manufacturers’ cycling conditions. See the data on the Performance tab of the PrimeTime product page.
- Simple ordering and sequence provided—Simple assay selection interface with sequence information provided upon order placement.
- Easy transition to probe-based assays—PrimeTime qPCR Primers use the same designs as IDT PrimeTime probe-based Assays. So when you are ready to move to 5' nuclease assays, you can just request the associated probe for those same primer sequences.
To order, use the PrimeTime Predesigned qPCR Assay Database or the RealTime PCR Tool. You can also use the RealTime PCR Tool to design and order custom primers (Note: The performance of custom designed primers is not guaranteed by IDT). PrimeTime qPCR Primers ship in 2–3 business days.