The 2016 IDT Sustainability Award recognizes innovative research with the potential to make a global impact.
The entry period for the award has now ended. Details regarding the award presentation will be published soon.
Award focus: Biodiversity
Prizes (IDT product credit):
- 1st place: $14,000
- 2nd place: $10,000
- 3rd place: $6,000
Submission deadline is September 15, 2016.
Finalists may be asked to present a poster during the celebration event.
Eligibility region: Iowa and Illinois
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be working in, or associated with, an academic/non-commercial research lab in Illinois or Iowa. Applicants working outside these states must have an established collaboration with a lab in Illinois or Iowa to be considered associated with a lab in the eligible region, and need to document details of the collaboration in the application.
- Hold any of the following: Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Science (DSc), or equivalent degree.
- Be a professional scientist or faculty member (professor, associate professor, assistant professor, or post-doctoral associate with support from the primary lab PI) at an academic/non-commercial research institution.
- Be qualified to conduct the proposed original research.
- Assume both administrative and financial responsibility for the grant.
- Have access to institutional resources necessary to conduct the proposed research project.
- Winners must be present for the award presentation at the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago, Illinois (Date/time TBD).
- Abstract, limited to 300 words, related to biodiversity
- Grant Proposal, limited to 2 pages. Figures that support pilot studies, if any, may be added on a 3rd page
- Applicant’s CV
- Description of research facility/institution, limited to 1 page, to confirm that project can be done at the given location
- Overall scientific impact
- Project feasibility
- Impact that oligonucleotides could make on the project’s success.
Award presentation: Winners will be announced during a special event hosted by IDT at the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago (Date/time TBD).
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the award.
Learn more about sustainability at IDT.