xGen™ Lockdown™ Probes
xGen™ Lockdown™ Probes are 5’ biotinylated 60–120mer oligonucleotides for improved target capture. These probes are individually manufactured using the same proprietary technology used to generate high quality long oligonucleotides (Ultramer™ Oligonucleotides) and are individually assessed by mass spectrometry for quality control. xGen Lockdown Probes are particularly suitable for applications that demand high fidelity, such as development of predictive and diagnostic panels for clinical applications.
Benefits of xGen Lockdown Probes
- Augment target capture of array-derived probes.
- Achieve deeper, more uniform coverage with individually synthesized and quality controlled capture probes.
- Get your data faster with a 7- to 10-day turnaround time.
- Easily transition to high volume applications with 3 production scales.
Applications of xGen Lockdown Probes
Spike into Array-Derived Baits to Improve Capture Performance
- Rescue drop-out regions, e.g., areas of high-GC content, in array-derived exome captures or large captures.
- Improve uniformity of coverage across your target space.
- Discover more genetic mutations with high confidence.
- Selectively improve specific regions of interest without redesigning a new panel.
Create Custom Capture Panels against Small Targets.
- Develop specific sub-panels against target regions of interest by pooling up to 2000 probes.
- Detect rare alleles with >500X coverage for >99.9% of bases (Figure 1).
- Sequence hundreds of samples cost-effectively.
- Optimize, expand, or combine custom panels as necessary.
Figure 1. xGen Lockdown Probes Yield High Coverage.
To read about recent research using xGen Lockdown Probes, see the article Genomic Target Selection Using Individually Synthesized Capture Probes in DECODED 2.3 (July issue, 2012) at www.idtdna.com/pages/decoded.
* Available as pools of up to 2000 probes in a single tube.
- Go to www.idtdna.com > Products > Next Generation Sequencing > Target Capture.
- Click “Order” next to xGen™ Lockdown™ Probes.
- Define your order parameters (scale, format, and project name).
- Upload your probe sequences into the ordering tool using the Excel ordering template provided.
- Place your order. Probes are shipped in 7–10 business days.