The LabLinker® web tool is a platform available on the IDT website that lets researchers consolidate orders, customize the lab ordering process, and share ideas and experimental findings.
The LabLinker web tool allows you to:
- Consolidate orders to save on shipping charges
- Access your group's Order History which displays the sequences previously ordered and offers the option to reorder sequences
- Use administrative capability to manage group settings and preferences
- Invite anyone to join your community: the group is exclusive to invitees only
- Set shipping options to provide an automatic, reoccurring order submission schedule, or to approve all orders prior to submission
- Use a public discussion board and email notifications to share information across the group
Customize features for:
Partial or complete shipping
Addition of end-user initials to sequence names
Paper or electronic spec sheets
Frequency of order submissions
Photo and information banner on LabLinker group page
Countdown time remaining before next scheduled order placement
Step 1. Log into your IDT web account, select the LabLinker® tool from the Order tab at the top of the screen, and click ‘Create New Group’.
Step 2. Fill in the requested information. Include email addresses of lab members who you would like to join this group. Complete the order submission schedule (next page).
Step 3. Review the last page which summarizes the settings you selected for your LabLinker group. If the settings are correct, click ‘Create Group’. Once your group is created, the members you specified will receive an invitation email to join the group.
Author: Erin Bromwell is a Customer Support Specialist at IDT.