xGen™ Blocking Oligos
xGen™ Blocking Oligos are essential components of the target enrichment process for next generation sequencing (NGS). During sample preparation, platform-specific adapters are added to all library fragments. These adapter sequences can interact with each other during hybridization-based enrichment, causing a daisy-chain effect, and thereby increasing undesired enrichment of off-target sequences. Blocking oligos, added during hybridization of the capture reagents, bind to the adapter sequences to prevent them from hybridizing to each other. Using high-quality blocking oligonucleotides enhances this effect and increases the number of “reads on-target”, a measure of the amount of sequence information that corresponds to the target region(s) of interest, observed after sequencing.
xGen Blocking Oligos are available at a defined yield of 10 or 25 nmoles and can be ordered using our intuitive online interface. Now you can easily:
- Obtain a complete set of barcode- specific blocking oligonucleotides.
- Replace individual oligos in an existing set.
- Configure “universal” blocking oligos by incorporating deoxyinosine modifications or degenerate bases.
- Enhance binding efficiency by requesting HPLC purification.
- Add terminal modifications, such as a 3’ C3 Spacer, to prevent nonspecific amplification of the blocking oligos.
Common xGen Blocking Oligo Sets
Illumina® TruSeq® HT
Roche 454 Adapters
Ion Torrent™ Adapters
For more information, or to order xGen Blocking Oligos, go to www.idtdna.com/xgen and select xGen Blocking Oligos, or email us at email@example.com.