The DsiRNA Design or Catalog ID # appears on the DsiRNA ordering webpage and on your DsiRNA spec sheet. IDT uses this sequence identifier to track what gene the DsiRNA targets and the actual sequence ordered. Its nomenclature is designed to provide information about the sequence.
DsiRNAs designed and ordered since February 2016
Example Design ID # hs.Ri.BRCA1.13.2:
- “hs” indicates the species, Homo sapiens (human). [Similarly, “mm” means Mus musculus (mouse), “rn” means Rattus norvegicus (rat), and “CD” indicates custom design.]
- “Ri” indicates this is an RNA interference (DsiRNA) product.
- “BRCA1” indicates the NCBI gene symbol, the breast cancer associated 1 gene.
- “13” indicates that this sequence comes from the 13th iteration of the DsiRNA designs. Custom designs have a unique identifying number.
- “2” indicates that this was the second design in the search results.
DsiRNAs designed and ordered before February 2016
Example Catalog ID # HSC.RNAI.N000546.12.6_2nm:
- “HSC” indicates that it is “Homo sapiens common”, meaning that if there is more than one splice form in RefSeq, this sequence is common to all forms. Similarly, “HSS” means “Homo sapiens specific” to a single splice variant.
- “RNAI” indicates that this is a DsiRNA product.
- “N000546” indicates the RefSeq gene accession number, which is NM_000546 (gene symbol TP53).
- “12” indicates that this sequence comes from the 12th iteration of the DsiRNA designs.
- “6” denotes that this was the 6th duplex in the list of 10 predesigned duplexes and identifies which DsiRNA in the predesigned library was ordered.
- “2nm” indicates that a 2 nmol scale was ordered.